Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Prep work baby

It would appear that after I removed all the flooring I proceeded to prep the walls for painting for 6 weeks. Or something. I can't tell you what I've been doing, but it's been frickin exhausting. It's 12 tubes of caulk later, and I still need to do the kitchen.

The dining room had this really exciting patch of plaster and paint that apparently had a terrible fight and the paint decided to take it's cat and sweater and GTFO, because it just sheeted off the wall. I'd think I was done, start to spackle, then notice a tiny crack, poke at it, then boom, another 2 square feet gone. 

Not frustrating at allllll. *Goes down to the basement for another beer*
Note too the crown moulding in here and in the living room that had to be scraped because whatever monkey painted it did not prep the varnish surface correctly. Color me not surprised. Anyway, it's all curvy and a bitch to handle. (Wait are we talking me or the wood here?!) So overall, I would go into a room and make it look one thousand times worse than the before. TA DA!
This is really nice Beth. I love what you've done with the place.

Eventually I did manage to make it to the priming stage, which to my horror, due to my supreme anal retentiveness, included priming each joint of the acoustical tile ceiling, all 900 square feet of it. The lines were brown and they looked awful and made it look like a motel in which you'd get murdered. Not the look I'm after.


What's this? Oh just 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.
Don't worry, the Biebs is still holding down the fort. Even he can't stand to look at the awful paint job on these built-ins. Glass knobs? Slobbed with paint. Because the ten seconds it takes to remove them it just TOO MUCH. Sigh.


Next up, I finally start to make it look livable in here. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment